Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: A (show all).

St Mary the Virgin, Aldermaston, Berkshire

Parish church

Aldermaston is a village on the south bank of the Kennet, 5 miles E of Newbury and 10 miles SW of Reading.  The church is ...

St Mary, Alderminster, Warwickshire

Parish church

Aisleless and cruciform in plan with a chancel, N and S transepts, nave, N porch and central tower. The crossing is of 1193 (Pevsner) as ...

St Mary the Virgin, Aldingbourne, Sussex

Parish church

The nave of Aldingbourne has a blocked N arcade, with traces of 12thc. or 13thc. painted geometric decoration on the face of the second arch ...

St Richard, Aldwick, Sussex

Parish church

This Gothic style church was designed by F G Troup and built in 1933. It was described by Nairn as 'the most debilitated kind of ...

St Peter, Aldwincle, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St Peter's has an aisled and clerestoreyed nave with three-bay N and south arcades. All the arches of both arcades are pointed with two deeply ...

St Nicholas, Alfold, Surrey

Parish church

This is a heavy Wealden Church with walls of plastered Bargate sandstone. At first glance it looksc.1300, but in fact was built in five general ...

St Mary Magdalene, Alfrick, Worcestershire

Parish church

Built of coursed red sandstone rubble, the church has a 12thc. nave with three plain, round-headed windows, a 13thc. chancel, a 19thc. N transept and ...

St Peter, Algarkirk, Lincolnshire

Parish church

This is a large, cruciform, fenland church with central tower and spire. Between 1850-54 R.C. Carpenter carried out a major restoration on the entire church ...

St John the Baptist, Alkborough, Lincolnshire

Parish church

The lower part of the W tower is the oldest surviving part of the church and may date to the 1070’s; the top part of the ...

St Michael, Alkerton, Oxfordshire

Parish church

St Michael, Alkerton, is situated in a hamlet in N Oxfordshire, 4.5 miles NW of Banbury. The church stands in an attractive setting on a ...

All Saints, All Cannings, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church is cruciform in plan, with a central tower, a chancel, an aisled nave, north and south transepts, a south chapel, and north and ...

St Andrew, Allensmore, Herefordshire

Parish church

Allensmore is a village 4 miles SW of Hereford, on the A465 road to Abergavenny. The village is clustered around a network of lanes on ...

St Andrew, Aller, Somerset

Parish church

Aller is in central Somerset, 2 miles NW of Langport and 8 miles SE of Bridgwater, on the edge of the low drained moorland of ...

Allerton church, Chapel Allerton, Somerset

Parish church

Chapel Allerton is some 3 miles SW of Axbridge and is one of many small hamlets spread out across the line of low hills stretching ...

Allerton Mauleverer, Yorkshire, West Riding

Redundant parish church

Allerton Mauleverer is a village 5 miles east of Knaresborough in the West Riding. The medieval church of St Martin was almost entirely rebuilt in ...

All Saints, Allesley, Warwickshire

Parish church

Aisled nave, but due to rebuilding only the two W bays of the S nave arcade are 12thc., in local red sandstone; W tower; chancel ...

St Edmund, Allestree, Derby, Derbyshire

Parish church

The former village of Allestree became a suburb of the Borough of Derby in 1968. St Edmund's church was largely rebuilt and extended in 1865-6 ...

Holy Trinity, Allington, Lincolnshire

Parish church

Church consists of nave with a four-bay N aisle of c. 1200 and a chancel. It is primarily constructed of brick, which probably dates to ...

St John the Baptist, Allington, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church was rebuilt in 1848-50 and consecrated on 7 January 1851. Part of the impost of the chancel arch may be Romanesque and on ...

St Barnabas, Alphamstone, Essex

Parish church

Alphamstone is a village in the Braintreee district of north Essex, a mile W of the river Stour, which forms the boundary with Suffolk. The ...