Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: D (show all).

Devizes, 1 St John's Court, Wiltshire

Private house

This late medieval, probably circa 1500 house in a lane between the town and St John’s Church, has fragments from the demolished castle incorporated into ...

Devizes, 20 Long Street, Wiltshire

Private house

In the fireplace of the ground floor lounge and in the cellar there are a series of reused carved 12th century stones from Devizes Castle. 

Devizes Castle, Wiltshire

Castle

The castle at Devizes has a reset arch containing 12th century stones and another smaller one with reused stones. However, despite having been the site ...

All Saints, Dewsbury All Saints (or Minster), Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

The church is in the centre of a busy town but in a relatively quiet and open situation with a large churchyard, a formalised park, ...

All Saints, Dibden, Hampshire

Parish church

Dibden is a village on the W side of Southampton Water on the N outskirts of Hythe.  Dibden was formerly an extensive parish on the ...

St Peter, Diddlebury, Shropshire

Parish church

Diddlebury is a village in the Corve valley, overlooked by Wenlock Edge in southern Shropshire, 16 miles S of Shrewsbury. The church stands in the ...

St Andrew, Didling, Sussex

Parish church

A very small stone church in a rural location, of 13thc. appearance. The single-cell nave contains 15thc. pews. There is a square-ended chancel, and considerable ...

St Mary, Dilwyn, Herefordshire

Parish church

Dilwyn is a village in the N of the county, 6 miles WSW of Leominster. The church is in the village centre, built of local ...

St Nicholas, Dinnington, Somerset

Parish church

Dinnington is a village in the South Somerset district of the county, 5 miles E of Chard and on the Fosse Way(now just a minor ...

St Peter, Dinton, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Dinton is in central Buckinghamshire, 3.5 miles SW of Aylesbury. The church and Dinton Hall are detached from the rest of the village, which is ...

St Mary, Dinton, Wiltshire

Parish church

The north door dates from the early 13th century and has a chamfered pointed arch. The east capital has trumpet scallops while the west one ...

St Oengus, Disert Oenghusa

Round tower

Round tower (20 m high) with round-headed doorway on E side. A plain round-headed window is set high up on the S side of the ...

St Christopher, Ditteridge, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church has an early Norman nave, including a surviving, small window in the south wall and the south door. The chancel dates from the ...

St Mary, Doddenham, Worcestershire

Parish church

Doddenham old church was dedicated to St Andrew, but the present 19thc. building is dedicated to St Mary. It is a simple stone building with ...

St Augustine, Dodderhill, Worcestershire

Parish church

The present church comprises a 14thc. chancel, the N wall of which is clad in brick, a massive sandstone tower of 1708 on the site ...

St Mary the Virgin, Dodford, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St Mary's has a nave with a N aisle and a clerestorey on the N side only. The arcade, of four bays, is 14thc. The ...

Donaghenry

Graveyard

The fragment was found in 1989 lying loose on the ground of the ancient graveyard.     

Donaghmore

Round tower

A tall, well constructed round tower, built principally from local limestone but with some sandstone detailing around the doorway.

Donaghmore

Church (ruin)

A roofless nave and chancel church, with walls and gables intact. The upper parts of the N and S walls were probably restored in the ...

Doncaster, Hall Cross, Yorkshire, West Riding

Shaft

As seen in August 2012, the ‘cross’ is an eye-catcher at the south end of South Parade; the fake inscription about 10 feet up the ...