Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: E (show all).

St Mary Magdalene, Eardisley, Herefordshire

Parish church

The church has a nave with N and S aisles; the N arcade dating from the 13thc., but the S from the late 12thc. There ...

All Saints, Earl's Barton, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The well-known Anglo-Saxon W tower, which is profusely decorated with raised flat bands (lesenes), may originally have formed the nave of the church. The present ...

St Nicholas, Earl's Croome, Worcestershire

Parish church

Built of grey coursed rubble, the church consists of a 12thc. nave and chancel, both without aisles, and a 19thc. tower inserted into the W ...

St Margaret, Eartham, Sussex

Parish church

The church comprises a nave with a W porch, a W bell-turret, a 13thc. S arcade and a simple two-bay chancel. The plain W doorway ...

St Mary, Easebourne, Sussex

Parish church, formerly priory church

The church, heavily restored by Sir Arthur Blomfield in 1876, incorporates some 12thc. fabric, namely the NW tower, one and a half bays of the ...

All Saints, Easington, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church is built of boulders with stone dressings; these are mixed fabric throughout. It has, at least in part, a round, walled site. There ...

St John the Baptist and All Saints, Easingwold, Yorkshire, North Riding

Parish church

Easingwold is a small town about 12 miles N of York. The church is situated to the N of the town and has Norman origins: ...

St Michael, East Ardsley, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

East Ardsley is now within the metropolitan area of Leeds, only 6 miles from the centre. The medieval church consisted of a W tower, nave ...

St John the Baptist, East Ayton, Yorkshire, North Riding

Parish church

The exterior of the building is largely 15thc, as some significant rebuilding and re-modelling of the church appears to have happened then, and the buttresses ...

St Peter, East Blatchington, Sussex

Parish church

East Blatchington is a village in East Sussex that has now merged into Seaford, a town on the Sussex coast midway between Brighton and Eastbourne. ...

St Mary, Eastbourne, Sussex

Parish church

This is an unusually large parish church, with a W tower, an aisled nave with five-bay arcades, and an aisled choir with three-bay arcades. The ...

St Mary, East Claydon, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

East Claydon is a village towards the N of central Buckinghamshire, 6 miles S of Buckingham.  It stands on Sion Hill, overlooking the Vale of ...

St Michael, East Coker, Somerset

Parish church

East Coker is a village in the South Somerset district of the county, 2 miles SW of Yeovil.  The village is dispersed around a network ...

All Saints, East Dean, Sussex

Parish church

The church, restored in 1870, has a single-cell nave but there are two blocked arches of an arcade on its N side. There are two ...

St Simon, East Dean, Sussex

Parish church

The font, which incorporates a 12thc. fragment, stands in an extension of the nave dating from 1961; there is no other Romanesque sculpture in the ...

All Saints, East Garston, Berkshire

Parish church

East Garston is a good sized village in the west of the county, 5 miles north of Hungerford. The church stands at the west end ...

St Mary, East Guldeford, Sussex

Parish church

Consecrated in 1505, this is a brick church with a hipped M-shaped roof, which covers the nave and chancel together. The font comes from an ...

St Mary the Virgin, East Haddon, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St Mary's is an ashlar church with a nave with a S aisle and S clerestorey, a low W tower and a long chancel with ...

St Peter, Eastham, Worcestershire

Parish church

The church, built of tufa with ashlar facing both inside and out, comprises a 12thc. nave and chancel, both without aisles. The chancel was extended ...

St Mary Magdalene, East Ham, Essex

Parish church

East Ham, in the London Borough of Newham, is 2 miles N of the Thames and the Royal Albert Dock. Its High Street runs parallel ...