Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: F (show all).

Fallmore, St Deirbhile

Ruined church

A small, gabled, single-cell church (l. 12.19 m x w. 4.87 m), now in ruins, located in an isolated position at the tip of the ...

St Martin, Fangfoss, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

Simple church in Norman style with nave and chancel, N vestry: bell turret too elaborate to be a copy. Morris 1919 says the church ‘was ...

All Saints, Faringdon, Berkshire

Parish church

The present nave and crossing fall just outside the scope of this Corpus. The only 12thc. sculpture is on the reset doorway to the 19thc. ...

St Giles, Farlow, Shropshire

Parish church

Farlow is a small village about 14 miles W of Kidderminster. The present building was constructed in 1857-8 by Robert Griffiths in yellow sandstone but, ...

All Saints, Farnborough, Berkshire

Parish church

Farnborough is a village of a few dozen houses built along a minor road that runs parallel to the Ridgeway and to the south of ...

St Oswald, Farnham, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Farnham, Yorkshire, is a village 2 miles N of Knaresborough.  The church is large for a village, built in a fine sandstone which is grey ...

St Michael, Farthinghoe, Northamptonshire

Parish church

Romanesque interest at St Michael's centres on the W tower; constructed of bands of ironstone and grey stone in its lower parts, and originally unbuttressed ...

All Saints, Fawley, Hampshire

Parish church

Fawley is a village on the W bank of Sothampton Water where it runs into the Solent; a position now dominated by the Esso oil ...

St John the Baptist, Fawley Chapel, Brockhampton, Herefordshire

Parish church

Fawley chapel is in the parish of Brockhampton, in the Wye valley, 3 miles N of Ross-on-Wye.  It is situated at the end of a ...

Fawley Court, Fawley, Buckinghamshire

Disused chapel

This report is written entirely from secondary sources as it has not proved possible to gain access to the site despite repeated attempts. The site ...

All Saints, Featherstone or North Featherstone, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Featherstone is 2 miles SW of Pontefract.  This entry is for purposes of information only, as, despite suggestions of its presence at the site, no ...

St Felix, Felixkirk, Yorkshire, North Riding

Parish church

The present building consists of a porch, tower, nave and an apsidal chancel.  The church was comprehensively restored in 1860, though many of the original ...

St Peter, Felkirk, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

The church of St Peter lies in rural surroundings near the junction of Church Lane, Kirkgate Lane and Slack Lane in what is now South ...

St Mary, Felpham, Sussex

Parish church

The church comprises a nave with late 12thc. N aisle and mid-13thc. S aisle, a 14thc. chancel and a 15thc. W tower. There is an ...

Feock, Cornwall

Parish church

The church of St. Feoca is mostly 19thc., but retains a south aisle arcade of the 15thc. with plain capitals and five four-centred arches. Some of the doorways ...

St Margaret, Fernhurst, Sussex

Parish church

The church was restored in the 19thc., leaving few traces of the medieval structure. Two windows and a buttress on the N side are of ...

St Mogue, Ferns

Well

The entrance to the well is reached by steps from the road. The brick arch over the steps has reused Romanesque keystone with chevron. A ...

St Mary, Ferns

Ruined church

A ruined nave (16.4 m x 8.1 m) and chancel (6.35 m x 6.67 m) church with a W tower and a sacristy on the ...

St Peter, Ferns

Ruined church

A nave and chancel church (9.6m x 7.15m, 6.1m x 5.3m) probably built after 1537. It has a reused Romanesque window in the S wall ...

St Andrew, Ferrybridge, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

A church in Magnesian limestone in a red brick suburban setting. It has nave, chancel, south chapel, south aisle, tower and north porch. In 1951-53 ...