Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: F (show all).

St Mary, Fletching, Sussex

Parish church

Fletching is an attactive village in the Wealden district of East Sussex, 6 miles E of Haywards Heath. The church is in the centre of ...

St Margaret, Fletton, Huntingdonshire

Parish church

St Margaret's has a nave with a broad N aisle and a narrow S aisle, a chancel with a N aisle partly partitioned off to ...

St Peter, Flitwick, Bedfordshire

Parish church

Most features of the church date from 1858 or from the 1867 restoration by Butterfield, but it has a 14thc. S aisle (c.1320) and W ...

St Laurence, Foleshill, Warwickshire

Parish church

The church consists of nave, chancel, N and S aisles, S transept, S porch, N vestry and W tower. The tower and N aisle are ...

St Helen, Folksworth, Huntingdonshire

Parish church

St Helen's has an aisleless nave with a large S transept, no tower but a bellcote on the W gable, and a chancel with N ...

St John the Evangelist, Folkton, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

Folkton village is at the foot of the Wolds looking north across the vale of Pickering towards Scarborough and the coast. The church has a ...

St Andrew, Ford, Sussex

Parish church

This is a small church, little used and still without electricity, comprising a nave with a W bell-turret, opposing N and S doorways and a ...

St James, Fordon, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

A small chapel lacking a clearly defined boundary.  It is situated on the road side, and backed by shrubbery. Stone walls, tile roof: nave and chancel. ...

St Fechin, Fore

Ruined church

A small nave and chancel church consisting of a 10thc. nave with antae, measuring c. 11.5 x 7.5 m internally. It has a flat-headed W ...

St Nicholas the Confessor, Forest Hill, Oxfordshire

Parish church

The village of Forest Hill is 6 miles E of Oxford. The church occupies an attractive hilltop site with views south across the valley to ...

All Saints, Fornham All Saints, Suffolk

Parish church

The river Lark cuts through the Fornhams (All Saints on the W side of the valley and St Martin and St Genevieve on the east) ...

Fort Brockhurst, Gosport, Hampshire

English Heritage South-East Region Fragments Store

Numerous carved stones were excavated at Battle Abbey by Sir Harold Brakspear in the 1930s and John Hare in 1978-80, including 20 fragments of Romanesque ...

Fort Cumberland, Portsmouth, Hampshire

English Heritage Central Archaeology Service

Various fragments recovered from evaluation trenches at the west end of Battle Abbey Church in Spring 1999 are currently being held by English Heritage (Central ...

St Peter, Foston, Lincolnshire

Parish church

Primarily a 13thc. church consisting of W tower, nave with side aisles, chancel, and S chapel off the chancel. Restoration in 1858 was under the ...

St Andrew, Foston-on-the-Wolds, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church has a stone tower, rendered nave and chancel. There was a restoration in 1896; lively plastering in the chancel in the 1950s. A priest's doorway ...

St Mary of Fountains, Fountains Abbey: 01. Church and general material

Abbey

Fountains Abbey is about 3 miles SW of Ripon.  The site is owned by the National Trust and maintained by English Heritage.  The abbey and ...

Fountains Abbey: 02. Cloister

Abbey

The cloister at Fountains Abbey, wrote Gilyard-Beer, 'is about 125ft square, and once had a covered alley on each side, the lean-to roof of which ...

Fountains Abbey: 03. Library Passage

Abbey

The passage at Fountains joins the cloister to the infirmary walk. It was developed from previous uses in the later twelfth century and thus its ...

Fountains Abbey: 04. Chapter House

Abbey

The chapter house building at Fountains comprises six bays E-W and three N-S, all formerly vaulted. The two westernmost bays of the six were divided ...

Fountains Abbey: 05. Monks' or Inner Parlour

Abbey

The parlour at Fountains is of three bays and runs W to E from the cloister, immediately S of the Chapter House. The original vault ...