Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: H (show all).

St Mary, Hampton-in-Arden, Warwickshire

Parish church

The church has N and S aisles, a heavily altered 12thc. chancel with plain round-headed windows, and a 15thc. W tower. Romanesque sculpture is found ...

St Mary, Hampton Lovett, Worcestershire

Parish church

Of red sandstone ashlar; a small 12thc. nave and chancel had a tower added in the 14thc., serving as a porch to the S doorway ...

St Michael, Hamstall Ridware, Staffordshire

Parish church

Church and Hall originally formed a group, with the Hall to the W, and this is shown in two views by Stebbing Shaw (1798-1801) in ...

St Mary, Hamstead Marshall, Berkshire

Parish church

Hamstead Marshall is a village in the SW of the county, 4 miles W of Newbury and a mile N of the Hampshire border. The ...

St Helen, Hangleton, Sussex

Parish church

Hangleton church has a 13thc. W tower, an early Norman nave with opposing N and S doorways, a N porch and vestry, and a square-ended ...

Holy Cross, Hankerton, Wiltshire

Parish church, formerly chapel

The nave has a mid 19thc. south doorway with a hoodmould with dog's head terminals of the mid 12thc. The north arcade of the nave, ...

All Saints, Hanley William, Worcestershire

Parish church

Of sandstone rubble with tufa dressings: 12thc. nave, extended westwards in 13thc., 12thc. chancel with E wall of 1866, timber bell-turret with shingled spire and ...

St John the Baptist, Hannington

Parish church

This is a small, aisleless church largely rebuilt in 1869-71 by Slater and Carpenter. However the 15thc. tower and two 12thc. doors were retained.

St James the Great, Hanslope, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

The church has an aisled nave with a clerestorey and N and S porches, a very tall W tower of five storeys with angle buttresses ...

St Peter, Hanwell, Oxfordshire

Parish church

St Peter’s, Hanwell, is 2.5 miles NW of Banbury,  in a unique setting overlooking Hanwell Castle, of Tudor redbrick built from 1498 onwards by William ...

St Thomas, Hanwood, Shropshire

Parish church

Hanwood is a substantial village 3½ miles SW of Shrewsbury on the A488 road to Pontesbury. It is built along this road with the church ...

St Mary, Hardington Bampfylde, Somerset

Redundant parish church

Now within the civil parish of Hemington, the tiny hamlet of Hardington Bampfylde (not to be confused with Hardington Mandeville in South Somerset), hardly more ...

St Mary, Hardington Mandeville, Somerset

Parish church

Hardington Mandeville (as distinct from Hardington Bampfylde in the N of the county) is a small village in South Somerset District. The parish borders the ...

All Saints, Harewood, Yorkshire, West Riding

Redundant parish church

This redundant church is located in the park belonging to Harewood House. The present building replaced an earlier church on the same site around 1410. The font ...

All Saints, Hargrave, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The largely 13thc. church has a W tower with a broach spire, an aisled nave of four bays, a N transept and a square-ended chancel. ...

St Mary, Harkstead, Suffolk

Parish church

Harkstead stands on the N bank of the Stour estuary, 5 miles W of its mouth at Harwich harbour and 6½ miles S of Ipswich. ...

St Augustine, Harleston, Suffolk

Parish church

Harleston is in rolling arable land 2 miles W of Stowmarket. The church and the moated hall site are close together to the NE of ...

St Andrew, Harlestone, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St Andrew's has an aisled nave with clerestoreys, an aisleless chancel and a W tower. The tower may date from the 12thc., although the present ...

St Mary the Virgin, Harmondsworth, Middlesex

Parish church

Harmondsworth is on the W edge of the traditional county, under a mile from the Buckinghamshire border. It is now in the S of the ...

St Michael and All Angels, Harnhill, Gloucestershire

Parish church

The unaisled nave, the square undecorated S doorway and the rectangular tympanum or lintel above, are 12thc century fabric. The chancel, S porch, and the W ...