Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: I (show all).

St Nicholas, Ibstone, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Ibstone is a village in the Chilterns, 6 miles W of High Wycombe.  The village is dispersed, with dwellings scattered over a network of minor ...

St Nicholas, Ickford, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Ickford is a village in the east of central Buckinghamshire, 11 miles SW of Aylesbury near the Oxfordshire border, formed at this point by the ...

St Katherine, Ickleford, Hertfordshire

Parish church

The church has chancel with S chapel , nave with S aisle and S porch, and W tower. The 12thc. church comprised nave and chancel. ...

St Nicholas, Icklesham, Sussex

Parish church

The 12thc. sculptural decoration of Icklesham belongs to three different building campaigns. The N tower and side aisles were added to an existing nave in ...

St Mary Magdalene, Ickleton, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

Architecturally, Ickleton is one of the most important Romanesque churches in the county. It was originally a cruciform church of c.1100 with aisleless chancel, aisled ...

St Mary, Ickworth, Suffolk

Redundant parish church

The church is set in trees to the SW of Ickworth House (National Trust), but is now extremely dilapidated with its windows boarded up. It ...

St James the Great, Idlicote, Warwickshire

Parish church

Small church of nave, chancel, S chapel and S aisle dating from early or mid 12thc. (VCH). S chapel is 17thc. and S aisle and ...

All Saints, Idmiston, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church consists of a rebuilt chancel, a nave, aisles, and a W tower. This church has a complicated history that was documented by RCHME ...

St Margaret, Ifield, Sussex

Parish church

A rendered parish church, now on the outskirts of Crawley, comprising a W tower (1883) with a broach spire, an aisled nave(14thc.) with a king-post ...

St Nicholas, Iford, Sussex

Parish church

This church has a single nave, a central tower (probably built over the original chancel) and a chancel with a vestry on its N side. ...

Holy Cross, Ilam, Staffordshire

Parish church

The church stands in the grounds of Ilam Hall; a building of 1821 erected by Jesse Watts-Russell. The present hall replaced a hall built for ...

St Mary Major, Ilchester, Somerset

Parish church

Ilchester is a village in the South Somerset district, 8 km N of Yeovil. In the Roman period it was named Lindinis and was the ...

Holy Trinity, Ilfracombe, Devon

Parish church

The earliest part of the church is the 13thc. tower, on the N of the originally 12thc. nave.  The nave was altered and lengthened in ...

St Andrew, Ilketshall St Andrew, Suffolk

Parish church

St Andrews is a flint church with nave, chancel and W tower. The tower is round in its lower part, which has a pointed lancet ...

St Peter, Ilmer, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Ilmer is a picturesque hamlet of a few houses clustered around the church, with views of the Chilterns and Bledlow Great Wood to the S.  ...

St Mary, Ilmington, Warwickshire

Parish church

A large church with W tower, a wide aisleless nave, chancel and N and S transepts. The W and S faces of the base of ...

St Andrew, Impington, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

Aisleless nave, 14thc. chancel articulated on the interior with wide arches enclosing the windows, 14thc. W tower. Construction is of mixed stone and pebble rubble ...

Inch

Ruined abbey church

The chevron fragment was discovered among later material in the stone store at Inch Abbey. The original find circumstances are unknown.

Inchagoill

Ruined church

Romanesque nave and chancel church, restored in the 19thc. The chancel has a plain round-headed chancel arch with plain imposts and a small, plain round-headed ...

Inchbofin, St Rioch

Church (ruin)

Inchbofin is an island in Lough Ree, on which two churches remain: one is a simple nave and chancel building of about 1200, lacking Romanesque ...