Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: K (show all).

St Edmund, Kellington, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Kellington is a village which is roughly equidistant between Pontefract and Selby in North Yorkshire.  The parish church is on rising ground in an open ...

St Mary, Kelsale, Suffolk

Parish church

Kelsale is a good-sized village in east Suffolk, a mile N of Saxmundham. Saxmundham, Carlton and Kelsale now form a continuous settlement, and all three ...

St Mary, Kempley, Gloucestershire

Parish church

Kempley is a village in the N of the county, 13 miles NW of Gloucester and only half a mile from the Herefordshire border. The ...

St Mary the Virgin, Kempsford, Gloucestershire

Parish church

The church consists of a 13/14thc chancel, Norman nave with 15thc clerestory, 13thc S porch, 15/16thc N porch, and a central tower mainly of the 15thc. ...

All Saints, Kempston, Bedfordshire

Parish church

The church has a chancel with vestry and mausoleum to the N, a nave with clerestorey, N and S aisles and S porch, and a ...

St Michael, Kenchester, Herefordshire

Parish church

Kenchester is a village in central Herefordshire, some 5 miles WNW of Hereford. The village is clustered along a minor road to the N of ...

St George, Kencot, Oxfordshire

Parish church

Kencot is a village about five miles S of Burford. The church lies to the W of the village and must originally have been a ...

St Mary, Kenderchurch, Herefordshire

Redundant parish church

Kenderchurch is SW Herefordshire, 10 miles SW of Hereford and a mile from the Welsh border. The church stands on a hill above the A465, ...

St Nicholas, Kenilworth, Warwickshire

Parish church

The church, of local red sandstone, comprises W tower, nave with N and S aisles and chancel and is essentially Perpendicular, with Tudor additions. It ...

St Mary the Virgin, Kenilworth, Warwickshire

Ruined Augustinian priory, formerly abbey

After the dissolution of the Abbey in 1538, some of the stone was used for the Earl of Leicester's developments at Kenilworth Castle,c.1570; other stones ...

St Nicholas, Kennett, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

Nave with N aisle, aisleless 13thc. chancel with an added N vestry and Perpendicular W tower, all in flint and pebble rubble. The N nave ...

St Mary the Virgin, Kensworth, Bedfordshire

Parish church

The church has a late 11thc. or early 12thc. aisleless nave and chancel, both with plain round-headed windows on the N. The chancel was extended ...

All Saints, Kenton, Suffolk

Parish church

Kenton is a village in mid-Suffolk, 13 miles N of Ipswich. The nearest town is Debenham, 2 miles to the SW. The land here is ...

All Saints, Kettering, Northamptonshire

Parish church

All Saints, William Street seems an unlikely candidate for inclusion in this database. It was begun in 1926 by E. Turner and E. J. May ...

St Mary, Kettlebaston, Suffolk

Parish church

Kettlebaston is a tiny, remote village in west Suffolk, 3 miles E of Lavenham and 11 miles SE of Bury St Edmunds. It stands on ...

St Mary, Kettlewell, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Kettlewell is a village in Upper Wharfedale, North Yorkshire.  The original church was entirely rebuilt in the early 19th century: faculty papers in the Borthwick ...

St Nicholas, Kiddington, Oxfordshire

Parish church

The hamlet of Kiddington is 4 miles NW of Woodstock. It is likely that the original Romanesque church was a small two-cell structure of nave ...

St Mary, Kidlington, Oxfordshire

Parish church

This large church stands near the river Cherwell, looking over open flat countryside on the NE edge of the original village of Kidlington before it ...

Kilbarry, St Berach

Fragment

The remnants of two or possibly three ruined churches survive within the local graveyard. No Romanesque sculpture survives on site, but recorded drawings indicate that ...

Kilbennan

Ruined church and round tower

Early Christian site with round tower with plain round-headed doorway and ruined church of later date. One piece of Romanesque carved stone is preserved at ...