Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: K (show all).

Kilcash

Church (ruin)

Nave and chancel church, with recently restored W gable and window, and repairs to the chancel arch with a modern concrete lintel. The chancel has ...

Kilcoole

Church of Ireland church

Nave and chancel church, with barrel vaulted nave and chancel of which the lower vault springing remains on both sides. Considerably restored. Rubble masonry, with ...

Kilcorney

Church (ruin)

Ruined nave and chancel,11.58m x 6.4m and 5.18m x 4.72m respectively (Westropp), with only low sections of wall remaining. E gable fallen leaving only base ...

Kilcredaun

Oratory (ruin)

A small oratory, 23'7" x 15'7" (7.18 m x 4.75 m) (Westropp); ruined and ivy-covered, but with walls and gables standing to full height.  The ...

Kildare Round Tower

Round tower

A well-preserved round tower, standing to the NW of the Gothic cathedral dedicated to St Brigid. The lowest courses (up to approximately 2.9 m) are ...

Kildermot

Church (ruin)

A small, ruined, two-cell (nave and chancel) church, located on the W shore of Ballymore Lough. The chancel has a narrow, deeply splayed, round-headed E ...

St Andrew, Kildwick, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Kildwick is a small village on the N bank of a bridging point over the River Aire, between Keighley and Skipton. The church is separated from ...

St Fachtnan, Kilfenora

Cathedral church and crosses

The building has a roofless chancel, with a triple window in the E gable. The sacristy, N of the chancel, is also roofless although the ...

Kilfinaghta

Church (ruin)

A ruined ivy-covered church, 19.2m x 6.7m (Westropp), now used as graveyard. The W part of the N wall is built of large limestone blocks, ...

All Saints, Kilham, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

Kilham is a large village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, about 5 miles W of Bridlington. It was a busy market centre until being ...

St Canice, Kilkenny

Cathedral church

A 13thc. cathedral built on the site of an earlier church which was burned in 1085 and in 1114. It contains a font and some ...

St James, Kilkhampton, Cornwall

Parish church

Nothing remains of the Romanesque church except the fine S doorway, one of the best in Cornwall.

Killagha

Ruined church, formerly Augustinian abbey

13thc. church with a single long nave, and some 15thc. details. Romanesque fragments have been reused in the internal masonry of the W doorway.

St Flannan, Killaloe

Parish church

The church has a small rectangular barrel-vaulted nave (measuring 8.78m x 5.33m internally) with an upper chamber under a steep gabled stone roof. The chancel ...

St Flannan, Killaloe

Cathedral church

A large aisleless cruciform early gothic church with a central tower over the crossing. The transept is almost central, with the choir slightly longer than ...

St Enda, Killeany

Parish church

Late medieval nave and chancel church incorporating earlier E gable. There is a small quadrangular window in the N wall and three narrow lancets and ...

Killeenemer

Ruined church

A small early church with antae, and a flat-headed W doorway with a narrow, plain architrave. Round-headed windows in S and E walls. The S ...

Killeshin, St Diarmait mac Siabairr and St Comgan

Church (ruin)

Ruined church of simple rectangular plan, with an internal length of approximately 27.5m. The 12thc building was considerably shorter, since there is evidence to show ...

Killinaboy, St Findelu

Parish church

Located beside the road from Corofin to Kilfenora, with the stump of a round tower to the N of the church. Only the W wall ...

Killodiernan

Church (ruin)

The church consists of a nave measuring 17.5 x 5.6 m internally, with walls of rough uncoursed limestone and ashlar quoins. It is roofless, but ...