Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: M (show all).

St Bartholomew, Maresfield, Sussex

Parish church

Maresfield is a village in the Wealden district of East Sussex, on the N side of Uckfield.  The church is in the village centre and ...

St Morwenna, Marhamchurch, Cornwall

Parish church

The Norman church probably consisted of nave, chancel and S transept; together with the nave S wall and chancel S and E walls probably on ...

St Mary the Virgin, Market Lavington, St Mary, Wiltshire

Parish church

The village lies 5 miles S of Devizes. From the 13thc the vill had the affixes 'Steeple', which recalled the church steeple, and 'East', but in the ...

All Saints, Market Weighton, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church has a tower that is probably 11th-century, there is also an aisled nave, chancel with N chapel, and S porch. ‘The masonry, quoins ...

St Mary the Virgin, Marlborough, Wiltshire

Parish church

Marlborough is a market town sitting on the confluence of the the river Kennet and its tributary, the river Og; it is about 10 miles S of Swindon. The church ...

St Andrew, Marlesford, Suffolk

Parish church

Marlesford stands on the rising land on the N side of a tributary of the river Alde in the rolling arable land of central East ...

Marlfield (Inishlounaght)

Church of Ireland church

A reset Romanesque doorway is found inside the W wall of this Church of Ireland parish church (now used jointly as Church of Ireland and ...

St Mary, Marlston, Berkshire

Chapel of ease

Marlston is a hamlet in West Berkshire, 10 miles W of Reading. There is no distinct village centre, and the area is largely occupied by ...

St Gregory, Marnhull, Dorset

Parish church

The village is located in the Blackmore Vale in north Dorset and sits above the river Stour. The present building consists of a chancel rebuilt ...

St Peter, Marsh Baldon, Oxfordshire

Parish church

The church of St Peter is set back from a small lane, SW of Marsh Baldon village green.  It has a truncated W tower with ...

All Saints, Martin, Hampshire

Parish church

Martin is a village in W Hampshire, on the NW edge of the New Forest, 8 miles SW of Salisbury and 6 miles NW of ...

St Peter, Martley, Worcestershire

Parish church

Built of red and white sandstone ashlar, partly laid in different coloured bands, the church comprises a 12thc. aisleless nave continuing directly into a 13thc. ...

St Mary, Marystow, Devon

Parish church

The church has nave with S porch, chancel, N aisle and N arcade of six bays extending the length of the nave, and W tower. ...

St John the Baptist, Mathon, Herefordshire

Parish church

St John's is an aisleless church of c.1100 or slightly earlier, originally with an apse but now with a square-ended chancel, nave and W tower. ...

St Nicholas, Mavesyn Ridware, Staffordshire

Parish church

The church and the manor house alongside it were foundedc.1140 by Hugo Malvoisin, also founder of Blithbury Priory. All that remains of the medieval manor ...

St Peter, Maxey, Soke of Peterborough

Parish church

St Peter's has an early 12thc. nave and W tower. Aisles were added to the nave in the mid (N arcade) to late (S arcade) ...

St John the Baptist, Mayfield, Staffordshire

Parish church

St John's has an aisled nave with three-bay arcades and a S doorway under a porch. The chancel is square ended and the W tower ...

Mayglass

Church (ruin)

Ruined nave and chancel church, (total l. 25.6 m; max w. 7.88 m). The W and E gables are are ivy-covered, and little else is ...

All Saints, Mears Ashby, Northamptonshire

Parish church

All Saints' has an aisled and clerestoreyed nave of four bays with arcades and S aisle windows of c.1300 but Perpendicular windows in the clerestorey ...

St Peter, Medmenham, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Medmenham is a village in the south of the county, on the N bank of the Thames that forms the boundary with Berkshire. The village ...