Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: N (show all).

All Saints, Nafferton, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church stands on a small but prominent hill in the middle of a large village and overlooking an extensive pond. There is a W ...

All Saints, Naseby, Northamptonshire

Parish church

All Saints' has an aisled and clerestoreyed nave with four-bay arcades. The three eastern bays of the S arcade are early 13thc., with quatrefoil piers ...

St Mary the Virgin, Nassington, Northamptonshire

Parish church

It is evident that the nave is Anglo-Saxon, since it has a blocked triangular-headed window high in its W wall. A tower was added by ...

St Mary, Naughton, Suffolk

Parish church

Naughton is a village in the rolling arable farmland of S central Suffolk, 9 miles W of the centre of Ipswich. It consists of houses ...

St Thomas the Apostle, Navestock, Essex

Parish church

Navestock is a village in the Borough of Brentwood in SE Essex. It is a dispersed rural parish with no traditional centre, and the church ...

St Mary, Neen Savage, Shropshire

Parish church

Neen Savage is a village in the SE of the county, 10 mile W of Kidderminster and a mile N of Cleobury Mortimer. It consists ...

Nenagh

Castle

A circular keep of five storeys, originally one of three towers in the curtain wall of a 13thc. Norman castle. The walls are up to ...

All Saints, Netheravon, Wiltshire

Parish church

A tall west tower with its lower parts dating from the mid to late 11thc. dominates the church and indicates that while Netheravon was obviously ...

St Mary, Netherbury, Dorset

Parish church

Netherbury is a small village by the River Brit about two miles S of Beaminster. The church lies to the N of the village, but ...

St Everilda, Nether Poppleton, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Nether Poppleton is a village on the NW outskirts of York. (Note: Nether and Upper Poppleton are now one compact built-up area).  The church is ...

Netherton, Worcestershire

Ruined chapel of ease

Remains of 12thc. chapel, of rubble construction, comprising chancel and nave, standing in a garden next to a farmhouse. The gabled end walls stand to ...

St James, Nether Worton, Oxfordshire

Parish church

St James church, built of the local ironstone, serves a small hamlet hidden away in the Tew valley in N Oxfordshire. It is small, comprising ...

St Mary, Nettlestead, Suffolk

Parish church

Nettlestead is a tiny settlement, just the church and a few houses, in rolling farmland 5 miles NW of the centre of Suffolk. When David ...

St Nicholas, Newbald: North Newbald, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

North Newbald is a village in the East Riding of North Yorkshire, about 3.5 miles S of Market Weighton. The village is near the Roman ...

St George the Martyr, Newbold Pacey, Warwickshire

Parish church

The original church burnt down in 1880 and was rebuilt by J L Pearson in 1881-2 in 13thc. style (VCH). It has nave, chancel, S ...

St James, Newbottle, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St James's is of stone rubble, and has an aisled nave with four-bay arcades, the S c.1300, the N a little later. The nave doorways ...

St James the Great, New Bradwell, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

The settlement of New Bradwell is on the northern edge of Milton Keynes, but unlike many of the Milton Keynes villages it is of relatively ...

St Michael, Newhaven, Sussex

Parish church

Newhaven church is poised on a hilltop, high above the Ouse estuary. It comprises a simple semi-circular apse, a central tower without transepts and a ...

St Giles, Newington, Oxfordshire

Parish church

Newington lies about 4.5 miles N of Wallingford in South Oxfordshire. The church, together with rectory and manor house form the centre of a group ...

St Leonard, Newland, Worcestershire

Parish church

The church, of red sandstone ashlar, was rebuilt in 1862-64. The Romanesque font came from the old church.