Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: O (show all).

St Andrew, Oakington, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

St Andrew's has a low, five-bay nave with 13thc. aisles of slightly different designs, and no clerestorey but big, Perpendicular aisle windows. The 13thc. chancel ...

All Saints, Ockbrook, Derbyshire

Parish church

Ockbrook is a village about five miles E of Derby. The church lies to the S of the village and consists of a wide nave, ...

St Mary, Odstock, Wiltshire

Parish church

The chancel was rebuilt in the 1870s but the nave and the west tower belong to the 13th and 14thc.  The only potentially 12thc. carvings ...

St Gregory, Offchurch, Warwickshire

Parish church

A small church sited on a hill above the village. It has an aisleless Romanesque nave with recut windows. Romanesque sculpture is found on the ...

St Mary, Offton, Suffolk

Parish church

Offton is some 7 miles NW of Ipswich in the centre of Suffolk. The village stands on the rising ground on the S bank of ...

St Andrew, Ogbourne St Andrew, Wiltshire

Parish church

The N and S nave arcades and the north door of the nave demonstrate that the nave dates from the second half of the 12thc. ...

St Mary, Oldberrow, Warwickshire

Parish church

A small rectangular building with a screen to divide nave from chancel, all dating from rebuilding in 1875. However, a 12thc. pillar piscina (not mentioned ...

All Saints, Old Buckenham, Norfolk

Parish church

All Saints comprises a chancel, nave, N aisle and polygonal W tower. The tower and chancel date from the 14thc and were restored in the ...

Old Cambus (also called: Aldcambus and St Helen's-on-Lea)

Ruined church

The ruined church of St Helen has a two-celled ground plan, with a rectangular chancel narrower than the nave. At one time both the chancel ...

St Andrew, Old Cleeve, Somerset

Parish church

Old Cleeve is a village between Minehead and Watchet in the West Somerset district of the county, a mile from the coast. The village is ...

St Peter, Old Edlington, Yorkshire, West Riding

Redundant parish church

The small church stands near the crest of a hill, surrounded by houses of the village of Old Edlington on three sides, with fields to ...

Old Kirk, Cockpen

Ruined parish church

The ruins of the church centre around a rectangular structure with N and S additions. Dates in the 16thc and 17thc for the primary post-Reformation ...

Old Kirk, Kinneil, Bo'ness (see also Kinneil House, cross)

Ruined parish church

The church is now ruinous, only the W gable and foundations remaining. The excavated plan of the church shows that it originally consisted of a ...

St Mary, Old Leake, Lincolnshire

Parish church

A very large parish church consisting of a 14thc. S doorway, a six-bay nave with N and S aisles and clerestory primarily of the 14thc./15thc.; ...

Old Leighlin

Cathedral church

St Laserian is one of Ireland’s smallest cathedrals. It comprises a 12thc. nave and chancel, a late 15thc. central tower and a 16thc. N chapel ...

St Mary, Old Linslade, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Linslade is on the eastern edge of the traditional county of Buckinghamshire, some 9 miles S of Milton Keynes.  The modern town of Linslade forms ...

Old Melrose

Site of former monastery

Located about 2 miles from present-day Melrose, the medieval site of Old Melrose is a raised peninsula on a bend of the River Tweed. No ...

Old Parish Church, Gullane

Ruined parish church

The surviving stonework shows that the 12th-c church consisted of an aisleless nave and chancel, but it is unknown whether the chancel was square ended ...

Old Parish Church, Kirknewton (see also National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh)

Ruined parish church

The medieval church does not survive, but some ashlar may have been reused in the construction of a burial vault on the site. In 1627, ...

Old Parish Church of St Kentigern, Penicuik

Ruined church

The present parish church (St Mungo’s) dates from 1771 and is built on a new site near the old church. The surviving ruins of the ...