Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: P (show all).

St John the Baptist, Padworth, Berkshire

Parish church

Padworth is a village in West Berkshire, in the Kennet valley midway between Reading and Newbury.  The church is surrounded by woodland and the grounds ...

St Thomas a Becket, Pagham, Sussex

Parish church

The church comprises a 13thc. nave with N and S aisles, N and S transepts and a chancel. The NW tower stands over the W ...

St Mary, Pakenham, Suffolk

Parish church

Pakenham is just under 5 miles E of the centre of Bury St Edmunds in rolling arable land. The village is just over half a ...

St Peter, Palgrave, Suffolk

Parish church

Palgrave is in the N of central Suffolk, half a mile S of the river Waveney that forms the border with Norfolk, and less than ...

St John the Baptist, Pampisford, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

Nave with N aisle, chancel, W tower with Hertfordshire spike. Construction is of flint and pebble with ashlar facings. The 12thc. S nave doorway, protected ...

St Petrock, Parracombe, Devon

Parish church

The church originally comprised a 13thc. nave, chancel and W tower,  Modifications were carried out to the nave in the 15thc and 16thc and the ...

St Michael, Partridge Green, Sussex

Parish church

Built in 1890, this church is faced in flint outside and red brick inside. It has a W tower, a single nave and a square ...

St Peter, Parwich, Derbyshire

Parish church

Parwich is a small village about seven miles N of Ashbourne. The church lies to the S of the village and dates back to the 12thc ...

St Chad, Pattingham, Staffordshire

Parish church

Pattingham is in the SW of the county, close to the Shropshire border. The outer suburbs of Wolverhampton are only two miles away to the ...

Holy Cross, Pattishall, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The church has a W tower (rebuilt 1663), an Anglo-Saxon nave with 13thc. N and S aisles (clerestorey over N arcade only), and a square-ended ...

St James the Apostle, Paulerspury, Northamptonshire

Parish church

Paulerspury comprises a W tower, and an aisled and clerestoreyed nave with N and S porches and an Early English chancel with a two-bay chapel ...

St John the Evangelist, Pauntley, Gloucestershire

Parish church

Pauntley is in the Leadon valley in N Gloucestershire, immediately S of the Malvern Hills and 10 miles W of Tewkesbury. The parish is centred ...

St Pega, Peakirk, Soke of Peterborough

Parish church

St Pega's has a clerestoreyed nave with N and S aisles and W bell-cote, and a chancel with N chapel and vestry which together extend ...

St Michael, Peasenhall, Suffolk

Chapel

Peasenhall stands in hilly arable land in E Suffolk, between Saxmundham and Halesworth. The village is clustered around the crossing of two Roman roads. One ...

St Peter, Peasmarsh, Sussex

Parish church

Peasmarsh church is essentially Norman, but was greatly enlarged in the 13thc. It has a W tower, an aisled nave with three-bay arcades, and a ...

St Peter, Pedmore, Worcestershire

Parish church

The old church was pulled down in 1869, but some 12thc. stones were reused in the new building of 1871: the plain chancel arch, for ...

St Mary, Pembridge, Herefordshire

Parish church

Pembridge is a small town towards the NW of the county, seven miles W of Leominster. The town is built on rising ground on the ...

Pendock, Worcestershire

Parish church

The church, built of rubble and standing in open land at some distance from the present village, consists of a 12thc. nave and chancel, both ...

St Mary, Penmark, Glamorganshire

Parish church

The church, one of the largest in the Vale of Glamorgan, stands in the small village of Penmark. It consists of a nave and separate ...

Holy Trinity, Penn, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Penn is a village in the Chiltern Hills, squeezed between the towns of High Wycombe and Beaconsfield. It consists of houses and the church and ...