Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: R (show all).

St Peter, Racton, Sussex

Parish church

The church comprises a nave with a W bell-turret and S porch, and a 13thc. chancel. It was restored in 1875.

St John the Evangelist, Radclive, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Radclive is a tiny village in the NW of the county, in the Domesday hundred of Ixhill, less than a mile E of Buckingham.  It ...

St Nicholas, Radford Semele, Warwickshire

Parish church

The church was largely rebuilt in 1889 although the tower is Perpendicular. There is a 12thc. window in the S wall below rubble-work of the ...

St James the Great, Radley, Berkshire

Parish church

The village of Radley stands in a loop of the Thames that forms the boundary between the traditional counties of Berkshire (to the W) and ...

St Mary, Radnage, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Radnage is a dispersed village in the Chilterns, consisting of houses, and farm buildings scattered along a network of minor roads in the hilly, wooded ...

St Nicholas, Radstock, Somerset

Parish church

Radstock is a small, former colliery town 7 miles SW of Bath.  The town lies in and among the deep valleys of the NE Mendips: ...

St Lawrence, Radstone, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St Lawrence's has a 12thc. W tower and nave to which a tall, hall-church-like S aisle has been added. The arcade is apparently 14thc., and ...

St Carthage, Rahan

Parish church

A nave and chancel church, with rebuilt nave. The church originally had northern and southern cells opening off a barrel-vaulted chancel with an upper chamber ...

The small church, Rahan

Ruined church

Small ruined rectangular church with a reused Romanesque W doorway, a plain Romanesque window at the W end of the S wall of the nave, ...

St Helen and St Giles, Rainham, Essex

Parish church

Rainham is a suburban town in the London Borough of Havering, but traditionally in Essex. It is on the N bank of the Thames, E ...

Ramelton

Church

The rectangular church was built by Sir William Stewart and almost completed by the time of Pynar’s survey in 1619 (Rowan, 1979). Incorporated into the ...

All Saints, Rampton, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

All Saints has a nave of four bays with S aisle and S porch and a vestry on the N side, a broad, aisleless chancel, ...

Holy Cross, Ramsbury, Wiltshire

Parish church

Although the church has a good collection of Anglo-Saxon sculpture and some Norman fragments, none of the fabric appears to date from before the 13thc, ...

St Thomas a Becket, Ramsey, Huntingdonshire

Parish church, formerly Hospitium of Ramsey Abbey

12thc. nave with aisles of seven bays, the W bay curtailed. The clerestorey dates from the 15thc. The one-bay square vaulted chancel originally had aisles, ...

St Michael, Ramsey, Essex

Parish church

Ramsey is a village in the Tendring district of NE Essex, on the S bank of the Stour estuary. The closest town is Harwich, whose ...

All Saints, Ramsholt, Suffolk

Parish church

Ramsholt church is on the estuary of the river Deben in SE Suffolk, 4 miles from its mouth. The village is on the E side ...

Ranton, Staffordshire

House of Augustinian canons

The ruined priory of Ranton and the remains of the Georgian hall alongside it stand in landscaped parkland 1 mile W of the village of ...

Ratass

Parish church

The church has a pre-Romanesque nave with antae and a flat-headed W doorway surrounded by a frame in relief. The chancel was added in the ...

St Blathmac, Rathblathmaic

Parish church

Ruinous, with N and S walls of nave, S wall of chancel and chancel arch remaining. Exterior angle shaft on SE corner of nave. Plain ...

St Mary, Ratho

Parish church

The church has undergone numerous changes throughout the past, but still incorporates masonry of 12thc. date. The base course with chamfered edge, presumably from the ...