Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: T (show all).

St Mary, Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire

Parish church

The church was extensively restored in 1865 but contains medieval features, including a 12thc. W tower. Romanesque sculpture is found in the three windows of ...

Termonfechin

Church of Ireland church and graveyard

The site of an early monastery reputedly founded by St Fechin of Fore in 655. The site is currently occupied by a modern Church of ...

Termon (Templecrone Old Church)

Church (ruin)

A rectangular, rubble built church (c.13.20 m x c.5.50 m internally) with a later cross wall at the W end. The N and S walls ...

St Peter, Terwick, Sussex

Parish church

The 12thc. church is composed of a single-cell nave and square chancel. It has a plain W doorway and a plain font.

Holy Cross, Tetcott, Devon

Parish church

The church is aisleless and comprises chancel with S vestry, nave with S porch, and W tower. The fabric is red stone and granite. The nave and chancel are 13thc., ...

St Mary, Thakeham, Sussex

Parish church

The church has a single-cell nave of 12thc. origin, to which have been added 13thc. transepts and chancel, and a Perp. W Tower. The nave ...

St Mary, Thame, Oxfordshire

Parish church

Thame is a market town 15 miles NE of Oxford. The earliest parts of the present church date from the early C13th, with a chancel ...

St Mary, Thatcham, Berkshire

Parish church

Thatcham is a town of 23000 people (2003) in the Kennet valley in west Berkshire, 2 miles east of Newbury and on the opposite side ...

St Peter, Theberton, Suffolk

Parish church

Theberton is a small village in east Suffolk, 3 miles E of Saxmundham and 2½ from the sea. It stands on a rise in the ...

St Peter, Thorington, Suffolk

Parish church

St Peter's has an aisleless nave and chancel, both rendered, and a round W tower of flint. The nave has very thick walls, probably 11thc., ...

St James, Thorley, Hertfordshire

Parish church

The church has chancel, nave, W tower and S porch. The nave and chancel are 13thc. and the tower is 15thc. the S porch and ...

St Anna, Thornbury, Herefordshire

Parish church

Thornbury is a village in the NE of the county, 7 miles E of Leominster and a mile S of the border with Shropshire. It ...

St Peter, Thornbury, Devon

Parish church

The church comprises chancel, nave with N aisle, S transept and S porch, and W tower. Originally 12thc, the transept, tower, and part of the ...

St Nicholas, Thorne, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Thorne is two miles due E of Fishlake and ten miles NE of Doncaster. The church is in a large churchyard, in an urban setting ...

St Margaret, Thorne St Margaret, Somerset

Parish church

The village of Thorne St Margaret stands on rising ground on the S bank of the River Tone, 7miles W of Taunton and less than ...

St Mary, Thorney, Huntingdonshire

Parish church, formerly Benedictine abbey

What survives of the abbey church begun under Gunter, abbot from 1085, is the five W bays of the nave, with alternating round and compound ...

St Mary, Thorngumbald, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

A very small church. Thorgumbald was linked to Paull until 1954, when it was joined to Burstwick; it became a separate parish only in 1988. ...

St Mary, Thornham Parva, Suffolk

Parish church

The Thornhams, Magna and Parva, flank Thornham Hall and its park. Until the end of the 19thc. the estate boasted a hall, Tudor with an ...

All Saints, Thorp Arch, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Thorp Arch is a village near Wetherby in N Yorkshire.  The church has been described as being mostly by G. E. Street, 1871-2 (Pevsner, p. ...

Thorp Arch, St Helen's Well, Yorkshire, West Riding

Holy well and former chapel

St. Helen’s Well, approximately 3 miles WNW of Tadcaster, is marked on older OS 1:25000 maps at Grid Ref. SE 452 458, a point now ...