Browse Sites

Filter by site name: A B C C D E E F G H H I J K L M N O P Q R R S T U V W Y

Showing sites beginning with: W (show all).

St Andrew, Weaverthorpe, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church stands high on the N side of the Great Wold Valley and above the main W-E section of the course of the Gypsey ...

St James, Weddington, Warwickshire

Parish church

Small church, mainly of the 19thc. consisting of chancel, aisleless nave, S porch, N vestry and W tower. The font is the only Romanesque feature.

St Peter, Weedon Bec, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The only medieval part still standing is the W tower. To the E of this, the nave dates from 1825 and the chancel from 1863 ...

St Mary, Weedon Lois, Northamptonshire

Parish church

Originally a cruciform church, which still has its central tower and transepts. Herringbone masonry is visible on the lower part of the tower (the upper ...

St Mary the Virgin, Weekley, Northamptonshire

Parish church

Weekley is a small village in the N of the county, just outside the conurbation of Kettering on the NE, and within the ancient forest ...

St Nectan, Welcombe, Devon

Parish church

The church is a 12thc. cruciform structure of coursed rubble, with round-headed windows to transepts and tower. The tower arch is also round-headed. The plan ...

St Gregory, Welford, Berkshire

Parish church

Welford is a village on the river Lambourn in west Berkshire, 5 miles NW of Newbury. To the W of the village is Welford Park, ...

St Peter, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire

Parish church

The church consists of nave, N and S aisles and Perp. W tower. It was extensively rebuilt in 1873. A 12thc. chancel arch survives and ...

All Hallows, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Parish church

All Hallows is a large church of ironstone and grey ashlar with an aisled and clerestoreyed nave, a 14thc. chancel with Perpendicular N and S ...

St Margaret of Antioch, Wellington, Herefordshire

Parish church

Wellington is a village 5 miles N of Hereford on the W side of the main A49 road linking Hereford and Leominster. The main village ...

St Mary, Welsh Newton, Herefordshire

Parish church

Welsh Newton is a village in the S of the county, a mile from the Welsh border. The closest towns are Monmouth, 3 miles to ...

St Helen, Welton, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

Welton is a large church with an aisled nave, transepts, and a chancel with a north chapel and vestry. The church was restored in 1862-3 by G. G. Scott: ...

St Martin, Welton, Northamptonshire

Parish church

Welton is an extensive village in the W of the county, a mile N of Daventry. It stands on rising ground in the angle between ...

St Mary and St Peter, Wennington, Essex

Parish church

Wennington is a small village in the London Borough of Havering, a mile N of the Thames, from which it is separated by Wennington Marshes, ...

St Peter, Wentworth, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

St Peter's is a small church with aisleless nave and chancel and a W tower with a pyramid roof. The nave has 12thc. N and ...

St Peter and St Paul, Weobley, Herefordshire

Parish church

Weobley is a village in W Herefordshire, 9 miles NW of Hereford. The village boasts a high proportion of timber-framed houses and is now a ...

St John the Baptist, Werrington, Soke of Peterborough

Parish church

Nave and aisles with three-bay, 13thc. arcades and no clerestorey. There is no W tower, but a double bell-cote between nave and chancel. The chancel ...

St Mary, West Bergholt, Essex

Redundant parish church

West Bergholt  is a village in the Colne valley, 2 miles W of Colchester. It is a substantial settlement on the N side of the ...

St Peter, West Blatchington, Sussex

Parish church

West Blatchington church fell into disrepair in the 18thc. and was rebuilt in 1890 with a nave, chancel and vestry. The foundations of the W ...

All Saints, Westborough, Lincolnshire

Parish church

Spacious parish church consisting of chancel, nave, and side aisles built c.1300, a N transept of the late 13thc. (S transept collapsed in 1750), and ...