Image of the feature "V. Furnishings: 1. Fonts: " at Easebourne.
by Kathryn Morrison.
Situated in bay 2 of the N nave aisle. A square, lead-lined, Sussex marble bowl, supported by a central cylindrical shaft and four angle shafts. The central column is original but the angle shafts were replaced in 1876. The original upper part of the plinth, including weathered bases for the shafts, is set on a square, modern pedestal. The bowl is carved with five shallow round-headed arches, each of one continuous order, on its N, S and E faces. The plain W face must have been placed against a wall at some time. The centres of all four faces are very worn.
|h. (basin only)||0.26 m|
|h. (incl. modern plinths)||0.955 m|
|h. (incl. original plinth only)||0.61 m|
|int. diam. of basin||0.555 m|
|l. of each side||0.68 m|