Marden is mentioned in the Domesday Book, but no church. The church was restored in 1875. When Walker published this font in 1908 the lining did not overlap the rim, and she noted that staples remained on one side.
A plain cup-shaped font. The lead lining of the basin overlaps the rim and is decoratively cusped. Large mend on NW side of rim just visible under lining. The tapering, concave stem and plinth appear to be modern. (Location: W end of nave.)
|diam. (exterior)||0.70 m (includes lead lining)|
|diam. (interior)||0.51 m|
|h. of bowl only||approx. 0.44 m|
|h. of whole||0.99 m|