Small church of nave, chancel, S chapel and S aisle dating from early or mid 12thc. (VCH). S chapel is 17thc. and S aisle and chancel 13thc. Earlier parts built in grey lias limestone, later additions in liassic ironstone, both varieties fairly local. The nave N wall contains a 12thc. doorway with a plain round head and nook-shafts with scalloped capitals.
The advowson has consistently followed the descent of the manor. In 1291 the church was valued at only £4.135.4d., with an additional 10s paid to the Priory of Kenilworth.
|diam. of billets||0.040 m|
|diam. of l. nook-shaft||0.100 m|
|diam. of r. nook-shaft||0.090 m|
|h. of capital (incl. necking)||0.110 m|
|h. of impost||0.100 m|
|h. of opening||2.26 m|
|w. of label||0.100 m|
|w. of opening||1.08 m|
|w. of plain arch||0.240 m|
Situated at W end of nave. Not mentioned by Pevsner and 'difficult to date' in VCH. Cylindrical, plain but roughly tooled finish, probably of limestone, resting on what appears to be integral square chamfered plinth, the chamfer blending into the shape of the font.
|diam. of bowl||0.300 m|
|ext. diam. of bowl||0.775 m|
|h. of bowl||0.640 m|
|h. of plinth||0.270 m|
|int. diam. of bowl||0.555 m|