Aisleless nave and chancel with W tower, all of flint with ashlar facings. The chancel has a N vestry and the S nave doorway has a porch. The N wall of the nave is cement-rendered. The fabric is 14–15thc., but the chancel was rebuilt in 1875. The only Romanesque sculpture is a fragment mortared onto the seat of the S porch, described below as a loose stone.
In 1086 the king held half a hide pertaining to Litlington, and Alwine Coc the Beadle held another half virgate from the king, which pertained to Ickleton. The Bishop of Winchester held 2½ hides and half a virgate, which Hugh held from him. A further virgate was held by Earl Roger, and 1 hide and 1½ virgates was held by two knights from Hardwin de Scales. Finally Picot of Cambridge held half a virgate, which pertained to Guilden Morden. There is no mention of a church at that time.
In the S porch, a voussoir or (more probably) jamb stone decorated with chevron on two adjacent faces. Each face has two rows of point-to-point roll chevron separated by quirks. The angle between them is chamfered and decorated with concentric lozenges. The stone contains two units of chevron and two lozenges.
|d. of block||0.17 m|
|h. of block||0.24 m|
|w. of block||0.25 m|