East Preston church has a Perp. W tower, a 12thc. nave with a Victorian S aisle (1869; Sir George Gilbert Scott), and a 13thc. chancel, which is the same height and width as the nave. There is a Norman window in the N wall of the nave.
East Preston is mentioned in the Domesday Survey, but no church.
The N doorway lies within the N porch. It has a round-headed arch, and comprises two orders. The inner arch has been cut back and its impost blocks removed. The plain scallop capitals, however, survive to E and W. These have very tall cones and barely-defined shields. The columns and bases have also been removed. The second order has a plain, unchamfered arch, which is flush with the wall.
|h. of capital||0.215 m (E); 0.20 m (W)|