The church is set in trees to the SW of Ickworth House (National Trust), but is now extremely dilapidated with its windows boarded up. It is padlocked and a notice declares it to be unsafe. It is a flint building consisting of nave with south aisle and north porch, chancel and rendered west tower. The church was built by Augustus John, Earl of Bristol, in 1778, and the same earl added the south aisle and the tower in 1833. A loose 12thc. window head is reported by Pevsner (in the porch) and Mortlock (by the west door). The author was unable to gain admission.
The church, now redundant, is the property of the Marquess of Bristol.
Described by Pevsner ('in the porch head of a Norman window with saltire cross decoration'), and by Mortlock ('by the W door lies the curved head of a Norman lancet carved with a series of diagonal crosses').