The church, of red sandstone ashlar, was rebuilt in 1862-64. The Romanesque font came from the old church.
The manor of Newland was given to Great Malvern Priory by Gilbert, Abbot of Westminster (d. 1117). In 1291 the prior of Great Malvern held two caracutes of land at Newland.
Cylindrical, of red sandstone, with a band of chip-carved stars at the rim. Set on a modern stem and base.
|circ. at rim||1.95 m|
|diam. of bowl||0.6 m|
|d. of bowl||0.31 m|
|h. of bowl||0.42 m|
|int. diam. of bowl||0.45 m|