Only the E gable (6m wide internally) and returns of the N and S wall remain standing.
The church is recorded in the ecclesiastical taxation of 1302 as Gallis, presumably derived from Aglish-na-nGall, the church of the foreigners. In 1588 Aglish was without an incumbent and the church property was sequested.
L. de Paor, Chronological Problems of Irish Romanesque Unpublished MA Thesis University College Dublin, 1956.
Michael Moore, ed., Archaeological Inventory of County Waterford, Dublin 1999.
P. Power, 'Some Ancient Churches in County Waterford' Waterford and South East Ireland Antiquarian Society, 4, (1898) 203-6.
P. Power, 'Some Old Churches of Decies' Journal of the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, 68, (1938) 57-58.