A flint and pebble church consisting of nave and aisles with an aisleless 13thc. chancel and a W tower with a lead spike and an external Sanctus bell. A vestry was added to the S of the tower in the 19thc. The three W bays of both nave arcades date from the later 12thc., while the two E bays are 13thc.
In 1086 Pirot held 4 hides from Eudo fitzHubert, the Abbot of Grestain held 2 hides from the Count of Mortain and Roger held 2 hides from Geoffrey de Mandeville.