The church is a plain rectangular structure (13.2 m x 7 m). The W gable and S wall have been largely rebuilt. No doors or windows survive.
Not known. Not recorded in Gwynn and Hadcock. The graveyard was largely overgrown until 1990 when it was cleared by a local community group. Gravestones in the churchyard indicate that it was in use until the beginning of the 19thc.
E. O'Toole, ' The Parish of Ballon', Journal of the Kerry Historical and Archaelogical Society, 9, 1930-33, 306-8.
A. Brindley and A. Kilfeather, Archaeological Inventory of County Carlow, Dublin, 1993, 71.