Image of the feature "V. Furnishings: 1. Fonts: Font" at Pevensey Castle.
photographer not known.
Now lost, the font was discovered in 1852 and later displayed in the castle, this was a much damaged plain tub font with tapering sides. It was found opposite the S door of the chapel, 11'6" from the W end step, and had a 4'10" diam. In 1908 it still stood in the W end of the castle chapel (Walker 1908, 50). It is mentioned in Mee, 1964, 154.