The church consists of a west tower, a north transept, a south aisle and a south porch. The nave and chancel form one unit. The N wall of the nave and the walls of the transepts are probably Norman. However, the present appearance is almost entirely Perpendicular. There is a 12thc font.
The Domesday Survey mentiones no church in Lanreath. The lord of Lanreath was Aelfric in 1066 and Richard (son of Turolf) in 1086.
The font is norman of Catacleuse stone and cup-shaped (Fowey type). The decoration includes large palmettes encircled by grooves at the top of the bowl, a plait in the middle of the waist, and a large zigzag along the base. The cover is Jacobean.
F. Arnold-Forster. Studies in Church Dedications, London (1899), 226.
N.Pevsner, Cornwall: The Buildings of England, London: Penguin Books (1974), 279- 280.