A small chapel consisting of a nave and chancel with W bellcote and S porch. Largely Romanesque fabric though now rendered. W window of 14thc., chancel windows of 13thc. According to Pevsner, the S aisle was removed before 1748. The S porch was renewed in about 1958. Formerly in the parish of Edwinstowe; now linked with Worksop Priory.
Carburton is mentioned in the Domesday Survey as being in the wapentake of Broxtowe in the lands of the King.
|h. of opening||2.10 m|
Former S arcade now built into the exterior of the S wall.
Remainder of round-headed arcade post 1200 or modern.
Tub font of truncated cone shape on a base at W end, its original position. The bowl is lead lined. Small area of damage to E side.
|Ext. diam. at rim||0.67 m|
|h. of base||0.16 m|
|h. of bowl||0.55 m|
|Thickness of rim||0.19 m|