This is a small, aisleless church largely rebuilt in 1869-71 by Slater and Carpenter. However the 15thc. tower and two 12thc. doors were retained.
Hannington church was a vicarage by 1291, when it was assessed for tax at £19, 1s., 4d.
The inner door has chamfered jambs with an impost (0.12m high) decorated with a hollow chamfer and a line of beads. Strange chamfer stops, like small cushion capitals, terminate the top of the chamfer.
The arch is decorated with point-to-point chevron, while the soffit chevron is plainer and smaller than the pattern on the front face. In the area between the chevrons there are large beads. The order is 0.22m wide and 0.18m deep. Around it there is a 0.13m wide hoodmould decorated with dogtooth.
|Height of opening||2.45 m|
|Height to top of impost||1.83 m|
|Width of opening||1.16 m|
|Height of opening||2.60 m|
|Height to top of impost||1.88 m|
|Width of opening||1.38 m|
N. Pevsner and B. Cherry, Buildings of England: Wiltshire. Harmondsworth 1975, 2nd edition, 263.