Aisleless nave, 14thc. chancel articulated on the interior with wide arches enclosing the windows, 14thc. W tower. Construction is of mixed stone and pebble rubble except for the timber-framed Perpendicular S porch. There was a restoration in 1878–79, then in 1995 a large church hall complex was added to the N side, attached to the N chancel vestry. 12thc. stones are found reset in the exterior S wall of the chancel.
The manor (6½ hides) was part of the demesne of Ely Abbey in 1086, and before the Conquest. Walter had a further holding of 3½ hides from Picot. In the 12thc. Bishop Nigel endowed the tithes of Impington church to the Ely Cathedral scriptorium.
In chancel S wall, E bay: (to R of window) cushion capital with human head attached. The head is an irregular oval with bulbous, undrilled eyes, deep brows, projecting nose and small mouth. Below the capital is a length of shaft and a bulbous base. The foot of the base is approximately 2.5 m above the ground and the stone could not, therefore, be measured.
|max. approx. w. (extrados)||0.16 m|
|min. w (intrados)||0.14 m|
|max. w (extrados)||0.13 m|
|min w (intrados)||0.11 m|
|max. w. (extrados)||0.13 m|
|min. w. (intrados)||0.13 m|