The largely 13thc. church has a W tower with a broach spire, an aisled nave of four bays, a N transept and a square-ended chancel. The tower was rebuilt in 1868-70. The only feature described here is the S doorway, protected by a porch.
In 1086 Saemaer held one virgate from the Bishop of Coutances. The remainder was held from Sheriff Eustace of Huntingdon: one virgate by Eustace's man Herbert, and one hide by Herbert and Eadmer.
Benefice of Stanwick with Hargrave.
Pointed, of three orders. The inner order is plain, with a continuous chamfer. The middle archivolt is carved with keel mouldings flanked by a band of full dogtooth on the face and half dogtooth on the soffit. The outer archivolt is carved with two bands of directional chevron, that on the face pointing upwards, that on the soffit pointing down, and a keeled angle roll. On each jamb, a slender, en delit colonnette with a smooth capital corresponds to each order, and between them is a third colonnette with a lower capital and higher base. The plinth is oblique. The keeled label springs from twisted elbow corbels.
|h. of opening||2.68 m|
|w. of opening||1.28 m|