Late medieval nave and chancel church incorporating earlier E gable. There is a small quadrangular window in the N wall and three narrow lancets and a defaced pointed doorway in the S wall. In 1839 a high enclosure is recorded running from N to S along this wall with a doorway in the S, nothing of this now remains. The E window of the church appears to be late Romanesque.
Little is known of the early history of the foundation. The Annals of Lough Cé record the foundation of a church here in 1339. The building was in a ruinous state when it was sketched by Daniel Grose c.1792.