Image of the feature "V. Furnishings: 1. Fonts: Font bowl" at Peterstow.
by Ron Baxter.
Propped against the N interior wall of the chancel is a shallow, slightly convex tub-shaped font bowl. A notice alongside give the informnation that it was returned to the church and placed in the sanctuary at the Patronal Festival in 1954. The bowl is unlined and has a central drain hole. Its shallowness and lack of a rim or staple marks suggests that it has been cut down. There is a radial crack running from the drain hole to the rim. The surface is pebbly, presumably a mortart render coating related to its use during its alienation from the church.
|External diameter of bowl at rim||0.71 m|
|Interior diameter of bowl at rim||0.51 m|
|Max. height of bowl||0.34 m|