Small ruined church consisting of a rectangular nave (interior c.8.5 x 5 m), with walls of rough uncoursed stone remaining to a height of 1.3 to 2.5 m. The church has a rebuilt Romanesque W doorway.
The early history of this foundation is obscure. It was restored in 1987.
S Capital: this has faint traces of a head at the top of the jamb, framed by curved horn-like segments. the impost has bosses on the chamfer. The arch has three rows of frontal chevron on the face, separated by wedges. It has been inaccurately restored. Diagonal tooling is visible on the soffit. Of sandstone.
|h. of opening||1.96 m|
|w. at base||0.78 m|
|w. at top of jambs||0.70 m|
An animal head corbel, to the N of the W doorway. The head is attached to a broader stone (w. 0.25 m.) set in the wall immediately to the left of the doorway, at the height of the arch. The animal has long, open jaws. The surface is very weathered.
Now missing, a voussoir/corbel shown in both the photograph and drawing illustrating Power's article (1922). The corbel was carved with a human head with a long chin and prominent ears, set above the keystone of the arch.