Built of rubble masonry, the church has a 12thc. nave and chancel, and a later medieval S transept, W tower and timber N porch. Romanesque sculpture is found in the S and N doorways; at least the S doorway was reset in 1880.
Castlemorton formed part of the manor of Longdon, and is not mentioned by name in the Domesday Survey.
Round-headed, two orders, with monolithic tympanum bearing an Agnus Dei facing L, carved in low relief on a recessed semicircular ground.
|d. of tympanum||0.20 m|
|h. of opening||2.11 m|
|h. of tympanum||0.81 m|
|w. of opening||1.0 m|
|w. of tympanum||1.53 m|
|h. incl. necking||0.215 m|
|h. without necking||0.185 m|
Plain square jambs.
Detached nook shafts on eroded attic bases; necking destroyed on L, plain on R; double scallop capitals, the L plain, the R with hollowed shields and an angle tuck. Hollow-chamfered imposts, the L with a roll between two grooves on the face and with losses at the angle, the R plain and ?replaced. Three rows of chevrons in the arch (roll, hollow, roll), frontal to the face, inside a row of saw-tooth. Hollow-chamfered label with one row of zigzag on the face.
Depressed (originally round-headed but the lower voussoirs on either side missing), two orders, with plain monolithic tympanum with broken edge at top L and flaked surface at bottom.
|h. of opening||2.16 m|
|w. of opening||1.22 m|
Plain square jambs
Detached nook shafts on eroded moulded bases; necking destroyed on R, eroded and plain on L; L capital triple scallop with depressed, tongue-shaped shields separated by vertical rolls, R capital eroded, but possibly double scallop with angle volute. Hollow-chamfered imposts with major losses, but the L with saw-tooth on the face. In the arch, three rows of chevrons frontal to the face, with an eroded head at the apex and the lower voussoirs on either side missing. Hollow-chamfered label with a row of saw-tooth on the face.