Of red sandstone ashlar; a small 12thc. nave and chancel had a tower added in the 14thc., serving as a porch to the S doorway when the chancel was extended. A large N chapel was added in 1414, extended in 1561. Restored 1858-9, and vestry added to N chapel.
At the time of the Domesday Survey, the manor of Hampton was held by Sheriff Urse d'Abitot. Until 1077 it had belonged to the abbot of Evesham. It had passed to the Lovett family by the early 13thc.
|h. of opening||3.56 m|
|w. of opening||1.86 m|
The tympanum is decorated only with raised borders all round. The lintel has a row of raised saltires on its face. It rests on plain jambs without imposts, and may be at a lower level than originally built, as the lower lintel edge is level with the necking of the second order capitals. A crescent arch has been inserted above the tympanum to fill the gap between the orders resulting from the difference in their springing levels. This looks modern.
Plain, detached nook-shafts to very eroded moulded bases on plain square plinths.