Goring church, rebuilt in 1837, has a W tower, nave with N and S aisles and a chancel. The 12th-century nave arcades were retained in 1837.
Goring is mentioned in Domesday Book, but no church. It was rebuilt in 1837 by Decimus Burton. The nave arcades were retained at that time, and incorporated within the new building.
The three-bay N and S arcades are, unusually, almost identical in style. They have plain chamfered arches carried by squared responds with plain impost blocks, and cylindrical columns with low, square, multi-scallop capitals. The impost blocks have a low upright with a groove, and a taller hollow chamfer. The capitals all have sunken shields, and decorative inverted 'V' shapes between the cones, in the manner of sheaths. These are usually striated, but some are carved with ears of corn, plat, dogtooth, chevron, lozenge, honeycomb or star patterns.