The church was extensively restored in 1865 but contains medieval features, including a 12thc. W tower. Romanesque sculpture is found in the three windows of the tower and on some loose fragments used as plant pots near the porch.
According to Heming, Tenbury was held by the monks of Worcester until the Danish invasions. In 1086 one priest is recorded at Tenbury. It was held by Osbern Fitz Richard, who had inherited it from his father, Richard Scrob; the Clifford family subsequently became tenants. The abbey of St Mary, Cormeilles, founded by William Fitz Osbern, held half a hide at Tenbury. Until 1304, the descent of the overlordship followed that of Wychbold in Dodderhill.
As S and W faces, but the central shaft of the first order is thicker, chamfered and perhaps coursed and carries a plain hollow-chamfered capital lacking a necking (?eroded). The twin arches both bear nailhead on the edge.
Round-headed, two orders.
First order: twin round-headed light with chamfered arches carried on chamfered responds with plain chamfered impost blocks and a central colonnette with ?polygonal monolithic shaft, plain necking, capital carved with one row of leaves and a plain straight impost.
There are three sculptural fragments, now used as plant pots, near the S porch. They are roughly octagonal in section and appear to be trumpet capitals (two of them inverted), but lacking bells and probably cut down.