A ruined church 15.8 m x 5.48 m (Westropp). An Early Christian church site, with 15thc additions to church. There is a holy well in a field to the SW of the church. Romanesque sculpture is found on a loose stone propped up against the wall of the well.
'Kilmugoun' listed in Papal taxation of 1302 (Westropp).
At the top of one face is a projecting human head, with a slanting projection below. The L angle is chamfered.
|d. incl. projecting head||0.30 m|
A. Swinfen, Forgotten Stones;Ancient Church Sites of the Burren and Environs. Dublin 1992, 72–4.
T. J. Westropp, 'The Churches of County Clare and the Origin of the Ecclesiastical divisions in that county.' Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy 22 (1900), 132.