Consecrated in 1505, this is a brick church with a hipped M-shaped roof, which covers the nave and chancel together. The font comes from an earlier church.
This font has an upright square bowl of Sussex marble. The very worn sides bear traces of carving, with arcading to S (seven arches) and W (six arches), possibly three circles enclosing rosettes on the E and possibly three or four square rosettes on the N. The basin is unlined, and lead staples remain in the NW and SE spandrels. The underside of the bowl is moulded to receive five supports, but these have been replaced by a square brick plinth with freestone corners.
|diam. of basin||0.57 m|
|h. of bowl||0.27 m|
|h. overall||1.01 m|
|l. of sides||E 0.71 m; S 0.70 m; W 0.68 m; N 0.70 m|