X

Browse Sites

Please use our index to browse sites by location name.

Filter by site name: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Showing sites beginning with: C (show all). « Previous Page 1 of 13 Next »

Cadamstown

St Lugna, Cadamstown

Church

Romanesque corbel set into the facade of the 19thc. Roman Catholic Church along with a  later medieval carved head, and two pieces of chevron, incorporated ...

Caddington

All Saints, Caddington, Bedfordshire

Parish church

The church has chancel (with modern vestry on N), nave, N and S aisles and W tower. The 13thc. chancel (extended in the 14thc.), has ...

Callington

St Mary, Callington, Cornwall

Parish church

St Mary's is an impressive church that dominates the town centre. The church guide states it was built in 1438, whilst Pevsner gives the date ...

Calverley

St Wilfrid, Calverley, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Calverley lies midway between Bradford and Leeds and overlooks the River Aire. Built in local gritstone, the large church of St Wilfrid appears to be ...

Calverton

St Wilfrid, Calverton, Nottinghamshire

Parish church

The church consists of a nave, chancel and W tower with S porch and a 20thc. vestry in the N angle of tower and nave. ...

Cambridge

St Botolph, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

The church is substantially of the 14thc. and consists of a nave with aisles of c.1400 to which a S porch and S chapel were ...

Cambridge

Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

12thc. circular aisled nave with unlighted gallery and central ribbed dome on a lighted drum. To this is attached a rectangular two-bay aisled chancel, originally ...

Cambridge

St Mary Magdalene, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Chapel, formerly Leper Hospital Chapel

St Mary Magdalene is a rare example of a substantially complete 12thc. chapel, surviving on a most unlikely site on the busy Newmarket Road, alongside ...

Cambridge

St Peter, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

St Peter's looks like what it is; a tiny rural church, which has been overtaken by the 19thc. expansion of Cambridge N of Northampton Street ...

Cambridge

St Mary the Less, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

The present church consists of a single-unit mid-14thc. rectangular church with no aisles, a S vestry with a crypt below and a stair above linking ...

Cambridge

St Giles, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

Parish church

The present church of St Giles, Castle Street was rebuilt in 1875 to the design of T. H. and F.Healey of Bradford on a site ...

Cameley

St James, Cameley, Somerset

Redundant parish church

Remarkably sequestered in the upper valley of the Cam Brook, the tiny hamlet consists of little more than church, manor house and farm. Although only ...

Camma

Camma

Church (ruin)

A ruined, single-cell church. Romanesque sculpture is found on the exterior E window.

Campsall

St Mary Magdalene, Campsall, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

A large church with at least two main phases of 12th-century building identifiable: at first it had a cruciform plan; later, nave aisles enclosing a west ...

Cannington

St Mary, Cannington, Somerset

Parish church

Cannington is a large village towards the centre of the county, administratively in West Somerset and just 2.7 miles NW of Bridgwater. It is 3½ ...

Cannistown (Ardsallagh)

St Brigid, Cannistown (Ardsallagh)

Ruined parish church

Nave and chancel church. The chancel (22.4 m x 7 m) is rubble-built with sandstone dressings with a possibly 13thc. door in the S wall ...

Cantley

St Wilfrid, Cantley, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

The church lies in Cantley, surrounded by modern houses, on a lane between Cantley and Branton, about a mile from the village of Old Cantley ...

Carburton

St Giles, Carburton, Nottinghamshire

Parish church

A small chapel consisting of a nave and chancel with W bellcote and S porch. Largely Romanesque fabric though now rendered. W window of 14thc., ...

Car Colston

St Mary, Car Colston, Nottinghamshire

Parish church

The church consists of a chancel, N and S aisles, nave and W tower and S porch. The earliest part of the existing structure is ...

Cardington

St James, Cardington, Shropshire

Parish church

The nave is 12thc. There are two S doorways. One has 12thc. sculpture, but has been much restored. Another, blocked-up, doorway is further E on ...