X

Browse Sites

Please use our index to browse sites by location name.

Filter by site name: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Showing sites beginning with: E (show all). « Previous Page 2 of 6 Next »

East Ham

St Mary Magdalene, East Ham, Essex

Parish church

East Ham, in the London Borough of Newham, is 2 miles N of the Thames and the Royal Albert Dock. Its High Street runs parallel ...

East Harptree

St Laurence, East Harptree, Somerset

Parish church

East Harptree is a village in the upper Chew valley, now in the Unitary Authority of Bath and North East Somerset. The valley yields terrain ...

East Hoathly Church, East Hoathly

East Hoathly Church, East Hoathly, Sussex

Parish church

The church is of local brown sandstone. The W tower is medieval, but the rest is Victorian (1856) with some medieval fixtures and fittings. These ...

East Ilsley

St Mary, East Ilsley, Berkshire

Parish church

East Ilsley is in the west of the county, 7 miles SE of Wantage.  It lies close to the junction of the prehistoric Ridgway and ...

East Knoyle

St Mary, East Knoyle, Wiltshire

Parish church

The chancel originated in the late 11th or early 12thc., and its north wall bears the scar of an ornamental arcade which formerly existed on ...

East Lambrook

St James, East Lambrook, Somerset

Parish church

East Lambrook is a villlage in the South Somerset district of the county, 5 miles S of Langport. It is the easternmost of the three ...

East Lavant

St Mary, East Lavant, Sussex

Parish church

12thc. nave with 13thc. aisle, chancel and brick tower of 1671 on the S of the nave. The church was restored in 1863 by G. ...

Eastleach Martin

St Michael, Eastleach Martin, Gloucestershire

Parish church

The church is of limestone rubble, partly rendered with ashlar dressings. The present nave, S and N doorways, and the chancel responds date from the ...

East Lyng

St Bartholomew, East Lyng, Somerset

Parish church

East Lyng is in the Sedgemoor district of Somerset, 7½ miles NE of Taunton and 5½ miles SE of Bridgwater.  The three Lyngs (East Lyng, ...

East Marden

St Peter, East Marden, Sussex

Parish church

The church appears to date from the 13thc. The aisleless nave has opposing doorways and is contiguous with the chancel, without an arch. There is ...

East Marton

St Peter, East Marton, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

East Marton is also known as Marton-in-Craven, and, together with West Marton, is called Marton (Pevsner; Leach and Pevsner), Martons Ambo (Borthwick Institute) or Martons ...

Eastnor

St John the Baptist, Eastnor, Herefordshire

Parish church

The church of Eastnor stands in the wooded parkland of the Eastnor Castle estate, just outside the eastern edge of Ledbury in the Malvern Hills. ...

Easton

St Peter, Easton, Huntingdonshire

Parish church

St Peter's has a nave with a four-bay N aisle, an aisleless chancel and a three-storey W tower with a broach spire. There are doorways ...

East Pennard

All Saints, East Pennard, Somerset

Parish church

The hamlet of East Pennard is in the Mendip district of Somerset, 7 miles E of Glastonbury and 4 miles S of Shepton Mallet. It ...

East Preston

St Mary the Virgin, East Preston, Sussex

Parish church

East Preston church has a Perp. W tower, a 12thc. nave with a Victorian S aisle (1869; Sir George Gilbert Scott), and a 13thc. chancel, ...

Eastrington

St Michael, Eastrington, Yorkshire, East Riding

Parish church

The church has a nave and chancel with N and S aisles, based on a nave and chancel of the 12th century; it has also ...

East Shefford

St Thomas, East Shefford, Berkshire

Redundant parish church

East Shefford is effectively just East Shefford house and this church, situated less than half a mile SE of the more substantial village of Great ...

East Tilbury

St Catherine, East Tilbury, Essex

Parish church

East Tilbury is on the N bank of the Thames, alongside a reach of the river known as the Lower Hope. Alongside the river at ...

East Wittering

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin, East Wittering, Sussex

Deconsecrated chapel

The only Romanesque sculpture in the church is the S doorway.

Eastwood

St Laurence and All Saints, Eastwood, Essex

Parish church

Eastwood is a suburbe of Southend on the N side, dominated by Southend Airport. St Laurence's is in an unpromising position at the SW corner ...