X

Browse Sites

Please use our index to browse sites by location name.

Filter by site name: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Showing sites beginning with: K (show all). « Previous Page 4 of 8 Next »

Kimpton

St Peter, Kimpton, Hertfordshire

Parish church

The church has a chancel with N vestry and organ chamber and S chapel, nave with N and S arcades, porch and W tower. The ...

King Alfred's Academy, Wantage

King Alfred's Academy, Wantage, Berkshire

School

The present school was refounded as King Alfred's Grammar School in 1850, and was built in a 13thc style by G. Street and J. B. ...

Kingsbury

St Peter, Kingsbury, Warwickshire

Parish church

The original nave and chancel church is ofc.1150 and has aisles of 1180, of which two bays survive in each. The church has been extended ...

King's Cliffe

All Saints, King's Cliffe, Northamptonshire

Parish church

All Saints' is a cruciform church with a 12thc. crossing tower. The tower arches have been replaced; those to east and west in the 13thc., ...

King's Pyon

St Mary, King's Pyon, Herefordshire

Parish church

King’s Pyon is a village in the cider apple growing area, 8 miles NW of Hereford and 6 miles SW of Leominster, St Mary’s consists ...

King's Ripton

St Peter, King's Ripton, Huntingdonshire

Parish church

St Peter's has a nave with a N aisle, chancel and W tower. The chancel has a mid-13thc. piscina, which may date the present core ...

King's Sutton

St Peter, King's Sutton, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The church has a tall W tower with a slender spire supported by delicate flying buttresses and decorated with pinnacles and crockets. This late 14thc. ...

Kingsthorpe

St John the Baptist, Kingsthorpe, Northamptonshire

Parish church

St John's has an early 12thc. nave to which three-bay aisles were added c.1170-80. One of the original nave windows is visible on either side. ...

Kingston Buci

St Julian, Kingston Buci, Sussex

Parish church

The church comprises a 13thc. chancel and central tower, and an 11thc. nave with a 13thc. N aisle and S porch. It incorporates no 12thc. ...

Kingstone

St Michael and All Angels, Kingstone, Herefordshire

Parish church

Kingstone is a good sized village 6 miles SW of Hereford, with the church at its centre. St Michael’s can best be described as confusing. ...

Kingston Lisle

St John the Baptist, Kingston Lisle, Berkshire

Parish church

Kingston Lisle church is on the NW edge of Kingston Lisle Park, home of the Lonsdale family who trace their descent from Field Marshal Lord ...

King's Walden

St Mary, King's Walden, Hertfordshire

Parish church

The church has a chancel with attached N vestry, nave with N and S aisles and S porch, and a W tower. The original 11thc. ...

Kingswinford

St Mary, Kingswinford, Staffordshire

Parish church

The village of Kingswinford has now been entirely absorbed into the Dudley conurbation. In 1851 it was described as 'a small but pleasant village, with ...

Kington

St Michael, Kington, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church consists of a 13th-century chancel, late 13th-century S aisle, a N aisle of 1755, and a W tower of 1725. The chancel arch ...

Kington

St Mary, Kington, Herefordshire

Parish church

Kington is a small market town in the west of the county, 13 miles W of Leominster and less than 2 miles from the Welsh ...

Kinlet

St John the Baptist, Kinlet, Shropshire

Parish church

Kinlet is a village in the south of the county 7 miles S of Bridgnorth. It consists of a settlement on the B4363, with the ...

Kinneil House, Kinneil, Bo'ness, cross (see also Old Kirk, Kinneil)

Kinneil House, Kinneil, Bo'ness, cross (see also Old Kirk, Kinneil)

Country House

A large stone cross, now kept in Kinneil House, was found during excavations of the nearby Kinneil church ruins in 1951. It was built into ...

Kinnersley

St James, Kinnersley, Herefordshire

Parish church

Kinnersley is a small village in W Herefordshire, 11 miles WNW of Hereford and 5 miles E of the Welsh border. It is a centre ...

Kinsham

All Saints, Kinsham, Herefordshire

Parish church

Upper and Lower Kinsham are a pair of villages in the NW corner of the county, 9 miles WNW of Leominster, on the N side ...

Kintbury

St Mary, Kintbury, Berkshire

Parish church

Kintbury is in the west of West Berkshire, 3 miles E of Hungerford on the S bank of the Kennet. It is a substantial village ...