X

Browse Sites

Please use our index to browse sites by location name.

Filter by site name: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Showing sites beginning with: N (show all). « Previous Page 2 of 4 Next »

Newland

St Leonard, Newland, Worcestershire

Parish church

The church, of red sandstone ashlar, was rebuilt in 1862-64. The Romanesque font came from the old church.

Newnham Murren

St Mary, Newnham Murren, Oxfordshire

Parish church

Newnham Murren is situated on the bank of the Thames; the church is adjacent to a farm and lies over half a mile from the ...

Newnham-on-Severn

St Peter, Newnham-on-Severn, Gloucestershire

Parish church

Newnham-on-Severn is a village on the W bank of the Severn estuary, 10 miles SW of Gloucester and on the eastern edge of the Forest ...

New Ross

St Mary, New Ross

Ruined church

The 13thc. church had a nave, chancel and transepts. A 19thc. church is now on the site of the nave and crossing, while the transepts ...

New Shoreham (now Shoreham-by-Sea)

St Mary De Haura, New Shoreham (now Shoreham-by-Sea), Sussex

Chapel

This unusually large parish church comprises an aisled choir, crossing tower, transept, and one nave bay, the remainder of the nave having collapsed in the ...

Newton

All Saints, Newton, Suffolk

Parish church

Newton is a village 2 miles to the E of Sudbury. The main Sudbury - Colchester road runs through the village, but the church and ...

Newton

St Botolph, Newton, Lincolnshire

Parish church

Situated in one of the most charming villages in the county, St Botolph’s consists of a 13thc W tower with a later medieval bell-stage, a three-bay ...

Newton by Toft

St Michael, Newton by Toft, Lincolnshire

Parish church

  A small church consisting of nave and chancel. Blocked 13thc. arcade of N aisle visible in N wall of nave. Extensively rebuilt in 1860 ...

Newton Kyme

St Andrew, Newton Kyme, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

The small quiet village of Newton Kyme is situated in pasture near the river Wharfe a mile or two above Tadcaster. The church, adjacent to Newton ...

Newton Longville

St Faith, Newton Longville, Buckinghamshire

Parish church

Newton Longville is a village in the rolling, wooded pasturelandofNE Buckinghamshire, just outside the southern boundary ofMilton Keynesand in the Domesday hundred of Rowley.  The ...

Newton Purcell

St Michael, Newton Purcell, Oxfordshire

Parish church

The hamlet of Newton Purcell is 5 miles NE of Bicester, near the Buckinghamshire border. From the architectural evidence, a church existed here by the ...

Newton Solney

St Mary the Virgin, Newton Solney, Derbyshire

Parish church

Newton Solney is a small village about three miles NE of Burton upon Trent and about ten miles SW of Derby, and it is situated ...

Newton St Petrock

St Petrock, Newton St Petrock, Devon

Parish church

The church comprises chancel, nave with S porch and S aisle, and W tower.  The tower is the earliest feature, with its plain, slightly pointed ...

Newton Tony

St Andrew, Newton Tony, Wiltshire

Parish church

The church was built in 1844 to designs by T.H. Wyatt and David Brandon. The font dates from the 12thc. and originated from an earlier ...

Nidd

St Paul and St Margaret, Nidd, Yorkshire, West Riding

Parish church

Nidd is a village 3 miles N of Harrogate, sited by a river of the same name.  The present church was built in 1866 by ...

Nisbet/Crailing

Nisbet/Crailing

Graveyard

In 1606 or 1612 the parishes of Crailing and Nisbet were united and the church at Crailing was appointed to serve both. In 1622 the ...

Niton

St John the Baptist, Niton

Parish church

Niton church consists of a nave with N and S arcades, a W tower, a S porch, a chancel with a vestry to the north ...

Noke

St Giles, Noke, Oxfordshire

Parish church

Noke is a small hamlet 5 miles NE of Oxford and 1 mile SE of Islip. The present church is a small stone building, much ...

Northampton

St Peter, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Redundant parish church

St Peter's is the finest 12thc. church in the county, and its capital sculpture is one of the highlights of the Romanesque in England. There ...

Northampton

Holy Sepulchre, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Parish church

The core of the church is the original circular nave, now called the Round, with an annular aisle and an arcade supported on eight columns ...