St Mary's has a nave with a N aisle and a clerestorey on the N side only. The arcade, of four bays, is 14thc. The S wall of the nave has two plain 12thc. splayed windows, W one now blocked, and part of the plain arch of a doorway, and on the exterior is much herringbone masonry. These features are illustrated here but not described in view of their lack of ornament. The S porch is of two storeys. The chancel was rebuilt in the 19thc., and there is a tall 13thc. W tower. It contains an elaborately carved 12thc. font.
William held Dodford from the Count of Mortain in 1086. No church was mentioned, but it is worth noting that the same William held Tiffield.
Benefice of Weedon Bec with Everdon and Dodford.
|ext. diam. at rim||0.78 m|
|h. of bowl||0.52 m|
|int. diam. at rim||0.61 m|
|overall h. of font||1.04 m|
N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England: Northamptonshire. Harmondsworth 1961, rev. B. Cherry 1973, 187-88.