A small red brick parish church entirely rebuilt in 1840-41 and consisting of a chancel, nave and W tower. An inscription over the W door gives the date 1840. Both the font and W doorway appear to be reused work of c. 1150.
Flawborough is mentioned in the Domesday Survey as being in the lands of Walter D'Aincourt.
|h. of opening||2.13 m|
|w. of opening||1.03 m|
The archivolt has a fine, keeled roll on the angle roll and on the face, a row of centripetal chevron carved lateral to the face, following a row of nailhead. At the apex of each chevron, in place of a nailhead there are the vestiges of small carvings, some of which are identifiable as leaves. In the triangles above the chevrons are roundels or patera carved with rosettes, apart from the central one, which has leaf ornament, and that to its left, which has a spiral design similar to an ammonite. The apex of the soffit is decorated with a rosette.
Plain en delit nook shafts with attic bases. Foliate capitals with stylised leaves, plain necking. Chamfered imposts.
The archivolt and soffit have lateral chevron, carved point-to-point, of the profile roll/hollow, separated by an angle roll. The hollows are carved with foliage. Beyond the hollows, in the outer triangles are small palmettes, with the exception of the first and sixth from the right, which have small double roundels/patera and the first four from the left, which have rosettes.
|Ext. diam. at rim||0.67 m|
|h. of bowl||0.39m|
|int. depth of bowl||0.38 m|
|Thickness of bowl at rim||0.07 m|