This is an unusually large parish church, with a W tower, an aisled nave with five-bay arcades, and an aisled choir with three-bay arcades. The W bay of the nave is clearly a later addition, possibly built with the tower,c.1300. The aisles have an alternating system of round and octagonal piers, with slightly pointed arches carved with complex mouldings (including chevron, fillets, hollows and keel mouldings), and capitals displaying a wide variety of motifs including upright and wind-blown stiff-leaf, and crockets. With the exception of the chevron, this repertoire is Early English in character rather than Romanesque. The presence of the chevron makes it 'Transitional'.
The Church was restored in 1844 and 1873. And possibly in 1851 by Carpenter.
|w. of sides at base||0.60 m x 0.32 m|
|w. under head||0.48 m x 0.26 m|