Image of the feature "Other: Cross" at Eastbourne.
by Kathryn Morrison.
A cross shaft in the churchyard was removed from St Erth, Cornwall, in 1817. It appears to be of granite, with black inclusions, and has an integral head carved with a Maltese cross. In the centre of the cross in a hemi-spherical boss. The sides are carved with rectangular or square panels of geometric, dot and interlace designs, most of which are quite illegible due to wear.
|w. of sides at base||0.60 m x 0.32 m|
|w. under head||0.48 m x 0.26 m|