Image of the feature "Windows: SW transept, E chapel, ground storey (two windows)" at Ely.
by Ron Baxter.
Round headed, two orders. The first order is plain and continuous with a step. The second has en-delit nook shafts supporting cushion capitals with plain neckings and hollow chamfered imposts with a groove at the bottom of the face. In the arch is an angle roll and face hollow. The S window is original in its S side only, the rest of it and the entire N window date from the 1847 restoration. The interior has a plain first order with a stilted second order consisting of a lateral chevron angle roll with cogwheel edge resting on the wall arcade capital.